Thursday, March 08, 2007

Survived the Move

Well we moved our family and thus this business from New Jersey to Maryland due to my husband's promotion to an inside-the-beltway job with the federal government. Thanks to my Cingular wireless on my handheld computer, I was able to keep up with my email and orders from Antonia Rose Printing for the week we were without high speed internet access. The wedding season has begun and orders are starting to pick up, especially for the fan programs. Our new house is in a rural part of Maryland along the Chesapeake Bay and we have a big yard for the kids. Best of all, there are other kids their age just down the road, no small thing when you are out in the country.

The latest excitement was when our website was down all day yesterday due to a server hardware problem. I was very unhappy that my host, 1and1.com, did not move it to a backup server but just left us offline for 10 hours until it was fixed. That was not a happy day! But we are good to go now.

No comments: